Thursday, May 14, 2009

Small ya later, Houston

I took a quick trip to Houston over the weekend to see the Padres lose to the Astros there a couple times. I posted some pictures of the game on P-Boi so I guess you can take a gander at those there. Sadly, I still have yet to upload the bobble head, which was pretty much the highlight of the trip. I didn't post pictures of our Houston park experience, though, but they aren't terribly exciting. My brother posted his photos and thoughts on Gaslamp Ball (A San Diego Padres blog) and I generally agree with his thoughts on the stadium. It was generally pretty neat looking. He asked me to post the pictures from our park walk, so they are up there. Most notable might be one of these ugly ducks:


They were pretty fearless. In one picture this duck just kept walking towards me and eventually out of the frame as I was trying to capture both ducks and the turtle in the pond. Your thoughts, Webber?

I tweeted that there were no bikers (eventually one biker) in Houston; however, this was only while we were in downtown. Downtown was barren in general, though. It was full of office buildings with little else. I have no idea where Houstonians go to lunch. We found that there were quite a few recreational bicyclists cruising through the parks. We didn't really explore too much, but Houston appears to be a boring city. Good ballpark, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-bore-t Me

Typing Graph

Typing Data

Future spot for miscellaneous typing data...