Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bowl Shack

If you recall the shack back when I used to sometimes actually post, you'd notice that a few things have changed. Most notably I've added bowlstats. They aren't particularly exciting since I only track my game scores. If I really wanted some interesting information I would try to find stuff like strike and spare percentages, what kinds of spares I pick up or leave, how many splits I get, and other things like that which I feel would be too tedious to track while trying to have fun getting my bowl on. Until someone volunteers to be my bowling intern and logs my results frame-by-frame I'm not going to have any of that info at my disposal. For now, bask in the glory of my session averages and standard deviations!

I didn't record the dates for the first few score logs I kept (prior to April 22), so I just put them in order of increasing average to make it look like I progressed steadily. I have increased my average overall, though. I didn't include my buddy's scores, but I did graph them on my own and interestingly we shared a good amount of peaks and valleys in average confirming that lane conditions are a decent factor in how well we do. Hopefully conditions are good tonight and I can stay in the 170 range of the last two weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I did a research project in college to investigate the existence of the "hot hand" phenomenon in bowling.

    hey guess what the null hypothesis stating that it didn't exist failed to be rejected

    wow just like in every scholarly journal article about the hot hand

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping that the last two weeks were a sign of me getting better rather than just being hot. I forgot to bring in my score sheet, but I think my average last night was back to the mid 150's. Lane conditions were pretty dry and I kept overhooking.

    Bowling would definitely be a nice place for the hot hand phenomenon to hold with the scoring system and all. I imagine that was part of you inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

A-bore-t Me

Typing Graph

Typing Data

Future spot for miscellaneous typing data...