Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What it is, bro. What it is.

So, yesterday I added some other goals to the description on top of learning Dvorak. Here's where I tell you WHY.

Currently I have a "chicken-egg" problem. I'll start with when I wake up: late. Usually around 8am or so. So I get to work around 9am and get home from work around 6:30pm (there's 9 hours of work in there, right??) and proceed to do nothing all night (watch TV, stare at my computer) . When a decent time for sleeping rolls around I am not tired, so I stay up until about 1am on average, which means I wake up: late.

What is the root cause? Is it that I get up late? Is it that I stay up late? WRONG! It is that I do not exercise, I eat unhealthily, I have a boring job, and I have no motivation to change these things. It is time to change. Blog give me strength! Give me motivation to change these things! Gimme gimme gimme!

Next time I shall outline the future and report how I will improve my life (Aren't you excited Ryan?!?!).

Note: I originally timed myself composing this post in QWERTY, but the WPM was low (~19), which is most likely due to me having to think of what to write as I was typing. To adequately compare the two layouts, I'll have to first compose an entry, then type and time it in both QWERTY and Dvorak and edit the post with the stats. That's so booooooring... success!

Also: I'm trusting Microsoft Word to count my words for me and Excel to calculate my stats and eventually make me pretty graphs. Ooh shiz, I'm using Internet Explorer, too. Don't let me down Microsoft!

Words: 288
QWERTY Start Time (QST): 11:15:00 AM
QWERTY End Time (QET): 11:20:47 AM
QWERTY WPM (QWPM): 49.80
Dvorak Start Time (DST): 11:32:30 AM
Dvorak End Time (DET): 11:57:01 AM
Dvorak WPM (DWPM): 11.75

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-bore-t Me

Typing Graph

Typing Data

Future spot for miscellaneous typing data...