Friday, March 27, 2009

How's my typing? (Call 1-800-TIPTUPTYPE)

As the last post before Fucking Gaetti! was my twentieth that I retyped, I posted a new graph. Since post 10, my progress seems to have been limited. My Dvorak rates had a steady climb over the first ten posts, which was not maintained over the last ten. This most likely can be attributed to my infrequency of posts. I posted the first ten entries within a span of 14 days; the last ten took 43. If I intend to achieve a usable Dvorak typing speed, I need to return to my initial rate of practice. And I will!

The Dvorak zine Adam Cz (z practice!!) posted on P-Boi said that Dvorak's study of his layout claimed that new typists reached a WPM of 40 in 18 hours of training. I have spent a little over 4 hours with Dvorak on this blog and perhaps another hour or two before that and my highest WPM so far has been 22.71. Being a successful QWERTY typer prior to delving into the Dvorak world I would hope I'd top 40 WPM far before 18 hours. Setting goals is a good way to stay motivated so let us set a goal! How about 40 WPM by 10 hours (only including time typing for the blog)? I feel that with consistent postage this is attainable as well as ambitious: a good goal! For every half hour I beat this goal by I will post a picture of something cute. For every half hour over the goal I will post a picture of Fucking Gaetti!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-bore-t Me

Typing Graph

Typing Data

Future spot for miscellaneous typing data...