Monday, March 30, 2009

Papa loves mambo

I have a confession to make. I went to Jack in the Box last week for lunch. I wasn't having a good day and it did make me feel better, at least for a little while. More interestingly (somewhat more), they apparently changed how they give out their food for dining in (at least at this particular establishment). Rather than give and call out a number, the cashier took my name, and he did so by reading off my credit card. However, he did not seem to recognize the name Wesley. While I've always enjoyed that my name is not super common, I was taken aback a bit for it to be wholly new to a grown person.

I haven't really made any exercise reports in a while, so here's one! I ran 2.1 miles on the Saturday before last, last Monday, and last Wednesday. I played softball on Thursday and tweaked something in my leg, so I didn't run over the weekend. Tomorrow I'm definitely going to bike to work, though. The only reason I haven't lately is because I've been waking up late: a poor reason. I need to start keeping track of this sort of stuff so I can just throw it in a table at the bottom rather than wasting this precious space here.

I also have a new project in analyzing my typing. It is not completely new, as I suggested it a while ago, but I am going to commit to it. It is looking into the frequency of characters in my posts. My intent is to see if particular posts were heavy in characters I hadn't typed as much up to that point. Typing a bunch of k's, numbers and other characters in the Kent Hrbek post sort of made me more curious about that. My ultimate goal is to create some sort of difficulty score for my Dvorak typing. Ideally this would smooth out the curve, but as I said before, the infrequency of the posts themselves rather than their content is probably what creates the bumps in the chart. Regardless, I think it would be neat to see the general frequency of the letters I type to compare the keyboard formats. That has probably already been done a bunch by others, but not by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-bore-t Me

Typing Graph

Typing Data

Future spot for miscellaneous typing data...