Thursday, March 12, 2009

Vacation all I ever wanted.

I have been slacking on my goals mostly due to my recent illness, but also because I went to Phoenix for some Spring Training games over the weekend and took a little vacation from them. I had a soda at every ballgame and it was wonderful. We went to a nice restaurant on Saturday and my Dr. Pepper came in a bottle and had cane sugar: yum!

On Thursday we saw the Rangers play the Padres. The Padres were down the whole game. They tried to come back, but alas they went down 4-3. We were only a few rows back from the Padres dugout, which is always cool. I only took two pictures the entire trip, as I left the photography to my mom; they were both of David Eckstein running to first on walks. Scrappiness knows no exhibition! Also of note was Josh Hamilton. I've heard scouts say the sound when he makes contact is just different, and they were right. He stroked a nice double to the gap and the crack was indescribable.

On Friday we saw the Dodgers and Cubs play. I don't really remember anything noteworthy from this game. Before the game we went to see the Padres' batting practice. My mom got Chris Young's autograph. Bud Black told my brother he would sign soon as he still had a little more work to do. He went into the cages and when he came out he gave the same line to some other dude.

We went to the Dodgers' new park on Saturday, which had much more energy than any other Spring Training facility I've been to. There were a ton of Dodgers fans there way before the game started and there was a steel drum band playing. Every other Spring Training stadium is just chill. It's an exhibition and it is treated that way, which I always liked. Their park had music between at bats and beats and stuff to try to get the crowd cheering. It all seemed unnecessary. Also the diamond faces to the southeast, which is just wrong. Silly Dodgers... To cap it off, the Mariners came back to beat them 8-7 in the ninth. Ha!

Sunday we saw the Giants and Angels play. The Angels brought their A-team minus Vlad, while the Giants had the wrong side of a Split Squad. I think Eugenio Velez and Rich Aurilia were probably the only guys who will make the Opening Day roster. Needless to say the Angels dominated.

All in all, it was a very nice little break, but I've got to get back in routine. I went running yesterday and just felt pooped. I took a nap when I got home from work today, so hopefully I can get back on track tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-bore-t Me

Typing Graph

Typing Data

Future spot for miscellaneous typing data...